Sundar Pichai became the new CEO of Google on 10 August 2015. Larry Page, who stepped down as CEO of Google, will head Alphabet.
The company has restructured and everything will now report up to “Alphabet Inc.” a new corporate name. Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google, will serve as Alphabet’s president, and Eric Schmidt will be Executive Chairman.
1. Though popularly known as Sundar Pichai, his real name is Pichai Sundararajan.
2. He was born in Chennai, India, on July 12, 1972.
3. He attained a Bachelor’s of Technology degree in technology from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, followed by a Master’s degree from Stanford University and and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
4. His wife is Anjali Pichai, and he has 2 kids – a son and a daughter.
5. Before joining Google In 2004, he was working with McKinsey & Company in management consulting
6. At Google, he worked on products like Toolbar, Google Gears and Google Pack, and eventually Google Chrome, for almost a decade.
7. Chrome’s rise and Pichai’s steadfast career graph go hand-in-hand. Having led product management and innovation of Google’s client software products such as Google Chrome and Chrome OS, he was appointed the VP of product development and introduced the Chrome browser and OS in 2009. He became the senior VP of Chrome and Apps in 2012.
8. He replaced Andy Rubin as the Android Chief in the year 2013 to become a well-known Google face.
9. A diplomat by nature, Pichai is well-known for maintaining smooth ties with partners like Samsung and local brands like Micromax, Spice and Karbonn.
10. Google’s announcement of launching Alphabet Inc as its parent company paved the way for Pichai to fill in for Larry Page as CEO. Page is said to become Alphabet Inc’s CEO and Sergey Brin its president.
— Bloomberg Markets (@markets) August 10, 2015
His recent activities on Twitter: Pichai, who currently has 164K followers, tweeted the following: