The showcase for the emerging technologies with the greatest potential to change our lives.
7 June 2016 – Hong Kong – The inaugural EmTech Hong Kong opens today at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC). Organised by MIT Technology Review and Koelnmesse Pte Ltd, the event brings together over 400 C-level business leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs and change-makers in Asia and across the globe, to network and do business over a period of two days.
The conference features 40 local and international speakers who are innovators at the heart of the technology revolution, an exhibition and a networking reception which will feature the launch of the MIT Hong Kong Innovation Node.
The Honourable John C Tsang, GBM, JP, Financial Secretary of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, will officiate the event with an opening address on Hong Kong’s role in nurturing emerging technologies and innovation to improve lives and make a difference.
The five key themes of EmTech Hong Kong include Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and their implication on businesses; Industry 4.0: New Frontiers for Manufacturing; Future Cities: Rethinking Urban Environments; FinTech: Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain and the Future of Money; and HealthTech: Technologies to Assist an Ageing Population.
Experts from the tech community speaking at EmTech Hong Kong include:
– Charles G. Sodini, LeBel Professor EECS, MIT
– Chia-Peng Day, General Manager – Automation Technology Development Committee, Foxconn
– Dennis Lo, Director, Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
– Esben H Østergaard, CTO & Founder, Universal Robots
– Gerald Wong, CEO, Cambridge Industries Group
– Kent Larson, Director, MIT City Science Initiative and Director, Changing Places, MIT Media Lab
– Jason Hsu, Advisory Committee Member on Innovation & Education at Prime Minister’s Office, Executive Yuan, Taiwan Government
– Jason Pontin, Editor in Chief and Publisher, MIT Technology Review
– Kai Yu, Founder and Chief Executive at Horizon Robotics, Founder of Baidu’s Institute of Deep Learning (IDL)
– Michael Sung, Managing Director, CarbonBlue Innovations & Adjunct Associate Professor, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
– Sean O’Sullivan, Managing Director, SOSV
– Steven Chu, Chief Strategy Officer, Huawei
– Tim Swanson, Head of Market Research, R3-CEV
– Vitalik Buterin, Co-Founder, Ethereum Foundation
– Weiping Huang, Chairman, Qingdao Hisense Broadband Multimedia Technologies
– Wong Ming Yam, Chairman, Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI)
– Yasheng Huang, Professor of Global Economics and Management, Associate Dean for International Programs and Action Learning, MIT Sloan School of Management
Key event partners include Host partner Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI), Innovation partner The University of Hong Kong and Strategic partners InvestHK, StartmeupHK, MIT Professional Education, and The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
For more information, please visit www.emtechhk.com